Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken

Mmm... just the sound of it is good, isn't it? This was a creation I made this morning considering the very few groceries we have at the moment. We're going to Australia in less than a week so instead of re-stocking our fridge and pantry for just a week, we decided to get creative and give ourselves the challenge of using all the "odds & ends" that are left! It's turning out to SMELL delicious but like I said, I've only just put it on this morning and never made it before so I'll have to tell you tomorrow whether it's worth making or not! :D (judging by the smell and the fabulous ingredients, it'll be worth it so I'm going to tell you what I did anyways)

So here we go! I'm only cooking for two tonight so we didn't need many ingredients... judge yours accordingly! Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil in the bottom of your crock pot, just enough to make sure the chicken breasts don't stick. Lightly drizzle some balsamic vinegar with the olive oil. Salt and pepper!
Place the chicken breasts in and place 2 teaspoons of chicken bouillon on top. If you just have cubes, those will work fine. Now, chop up 1 onion and place it all over the top of the chicken. These will really help season the meat. Let's spoon some bruschetta over the top of the onions. If you want to make your own bruschetta, all you'll need is some diced tomatoes, some basil, garlic, olive oil and some italian herbs.... mix it all together and there ya go! Spoon it on top! I used probably 8-10 heaping tablespoons worth.
Now let's add those baby carrots. We really want the carrots to soak in the juices of the tomatoey bruschetta... carrots take on other flavors so well.
Dicing your potatoes is an okay option if you'd rather, but I decided to scallop mine for pretty's sake. Then just layer them all on top!
Now mince your 2 garlic cloves and spread it over the potatoes. Lightly drizzle a little more oil all over and salt and pepper... done! I set mine for 8 hours on LOW.
Now when this is done and I serve it tonight, probably the only things that would make it EVEN BETTER would be to drizzle some freshly squeezed lemon juice over each serving and top with a little parmesan reggiano or grated romano cheese. (and pour yourself a nice glass of vino to go with it) ;) Like I said, I don't know whether this is going to taste great yet or not so stay tuned! But c'mon, read the ingredients... how could it not be good? :) I'll be sure to let you know shortly!

Oh and friends! In case you missed yesterday's SECOND post, head on over to learn how to comment and become a follower of Recitherapy!

LOVE YOU GUYS! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment